Van Maren Systems will be the first in Europe to integrate the preparation of the recycled material in the production of components.
Set up a production facility for pallet components, produced from post consumer recycled plastics.
The specific objectives of the RecycledPalletSystem project are:
- To set up a production facility for the production of pallet components, produced from post consumer recycled plastics (mixed and contaminated waste streams);
- To integrate the preparation of the recycled material (shredding, cleaning and agglomeration) in the production facility;
- To attract launching customers to penetrate the pallet market, focused on the main European pallet pools and pallet industry;
- To set up a take-back, re-use and recycling system for the plastic pallet blocks, ensuring that the material loop is fully closed
This will lead to the following results:
- a pre-treatment plant in Ecopark “de Wierde” in Oude Haske, the Netherlands, with a capacity of 16 kilotonnes/year of materials and a production line (carousel injection- moulding machine), with a capacity of 10 million blocks/year (to be up-scaled to 20 million pallet components in the second year after the project).
- the re-use of 16 kilotonnes of post consumer plastic waste in the year 2013 and the intention of the capacity to be up-scaled to 32 kilotonnes/year in 2015.
- An emission reduction of 48 kilotonnes CO2/year in 2013 and 96 kilotonnes of CO2/year in 2015, compared to incineration of post-consumer polyolefin waste.
- An emission reduction of 1,6 tonnes of formaldehyde in 2013 and 3,2 tonnes of formaldehyde in 2015, compared to compressed wood pallet blocks.